An audience segment is a group of people who have been identified as sharing a range of demographic and/or behavioral attributes. Each audience segment contains a list of IDs (web browser cookies and mobile device IDs) representing each member of the group.
For example, a segment containing cookies and device IDs that belong to “males over 35 who have purchased a car in the last year”.
Audience segments are often created using Data Management Platforms (DMPs) and contain data from a variety of data sources, such as:
- Private 1st-party: Segments that are created using one’s own inventory
- AOL 1st-party segments
- 3rd-party: Segments built by a third-party data provider such as BlueKai or eXelate
Visible audience segments
Publishers can view:
- Demographic and behavioral audience segments using 1st-party proprietary data from AOL, Verizon, and other partners.
- Demographic and behavioral audience segments from the following 3rd-party data providers:
- Your 1st-party segments that have already been onboarded into the AOL DMP. If you would like to see analytics for 1st-party audience segments you created with your DMP, please contact Jun Peng (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get started.